Saturday, April 14, 2007

Tribe Blanks Bad Sox 4-0

Thank you DirecTV! For some reason you didn't show the Indians v. White Sox game today. WTF? I know the game time changed but the on screen guide said it was at 1:05. What would you think? I know what I thought. The giant blank screen is not what I was expecting!!!

Any-who... Apparently Paul Byrd threw 6 shutout innings and then the bullpen decided to close it out despite a little scare int he top of the 9th. I noticed we went Mastny, Fultz, Betancourt, and Borowski. No Roberto Hernandez all day makes Dr. Poove' say Yeah! So the series is knotted at 1-1.

I am a big proponent of winning each series. The Indians have held true winning both initial series 2-1 and they try and keep that intact tomorrow (weather permitting). I mean think about it. You keep winning 2 of 3 and that's a .667 winning percentage. Would you take that? I know I would. That equals 108 wins over a 162 game season.

It's still early but a nice chance to set the tone, especially against the hated White Sox. Why are they hated? Because Ozzie Guillen enjoys human feces. That's why.

Rematch of Opening Day at 1:05 PM EST tomorrow: Jose Contreras (1-1, 10.29) faces C. C. Sabathia (2-0, 2.77).

No comments: