Well, the reason we have all be screaming for a power, right-handed bat reared it's ugly head again tonight as underwhelming lefty Joe Saunders and the Angels held the Tribe at bay for the duration of the game downing the Tribe 4-1 .
Dr. Poove's Three Good & Three Bad
1. Fernando Cabrera - He looked like the 2005 Fernando and not last year's horror show. Keep pitching like this and maybe my Roberto Hernandez nightmares will stop.
2. Hmmm... Tom Matsny retired every batter he faced... 1. Does that count as good?
3. The Italian Sausage won the Milwaukee Sausage Race for the second day in a row. Mama mia!
1. Jake Westbrook - Jake never has had 2 bad outings in a row in the last 3 years. We we can't say that for 2007. No so many hits but walks, lots of walks. I said it before not a good start to a contract year. Plus a rare wild pitch to add another run.
2. Infield Defense - Errors by Peralta and Marte, ugh. I think I jinxed these guys. Both were bad, I don't want to talk about it...
3. Bats - I said it in the opening, throw a non-power, left handed pitcher against the Tribe and if they get 5 hits it's a miracle. Unfathomable.
I truly boring game tonight. Thanks again to the Milwaukee fans for showing up.
Up Next: 1:05 PM EST Tomorrow Dustin Moseley (1-0, 1.50) vs. Jeremy Sowers (0-0, 3.00) in Milwaukee