A number of unforgivable items from today's game:
- In the 4th inning after tying the game 1-1, the Tribe loaded the bases with one out and produced zero, count 'em, zero runs. This was thanks to two awful at-bats from Casey Blake and Jhonny Peralta. Surprise!
- In the 6th, the Tribe loaded the bases again, this time with NO OUTS, and produced zero, count 'em, zero runs. This was thanks to three awful at-bats from... Casey Blake, Jhonny Peralta and Mike Rouse. Surprise!
- The Indians scored just one run off rookie starter Darrell Rasner.
- Casey Blake LEFT 7 RUNNERS ON BASE!
- Jhonny Peralta LEFT 8 RUNNERS ON BASE!
- Both came up with the bases loaded TWICE and produced ZERO runs.
- Joe Borowski gave up 5 hits, 1 walk and 6 runs in 2/3 of an inning. This included 2 HRs. He threw 31 pitches for 18 strikes and almost all of those 18 strikes were right over the heart of the plate.
- Up by one, with runners on 1st and 2nd, two outs and A-Rod up Borowski threw a wild pitch to advance the runners to 2nd and 3rd. With a base open Eric Wedge chose not to intentionally walk A-Rod and pitch to Jason Giambi even though A-Rod leads MLB in HR, RBIs, is the hottest hitter in the game right now and KILLED the Tribe in the first two games of the series.
Incredible. Unfathomable. Unforgivable.
The worst thing is up until the 9th inning there were some bright spots that were ruined and will be forgotten:
- Fausto Carmona looking dominate at times. Pitching out of a couple jams and looking like the man he has the potential to be.
- Fultz and Betancourt making the middle relievers look good yet again.
- Great offensive days by Pronk (3-4, 2R) and Victor (2-3, 1 R, 3 RBI, 1 HR).
- Another solid contribution in a platoon role from Jason Michaels.
- The Tribe battling back after being down 1-0 and 2-1.
The jury is still out on Borowski. Once 6-3 and looking like they were going to around their normal April swoon are now 6-6. Uncle Eric not doing anything to silence the critics of his in game management. Casey Blake still playing. We need Blake. Great guy. Good veteran. Not an everyday player. Spot player when a guy needs a rest. Worst clutch hitter on the team. Let Garko, Vic and Pronk man first while Dirt Dog, Michaels and Dellucci rotate in the OF.
I hope that this season is actually following the "Major League" script with the games in Milwaukee and the Yankee ass kicking. Because then the Tribe would end up winning the division. But right now... "These guys ain't so f$cking good."