Friday, April 6, 2007

Mike Hargrove Gives Cleveland a Snowjob

Surreal.

That's the only way I can describe it. I went to two Browns games this year and neither compared to the weather at The Jake this afternoon. The start delayed by an hour followed by a 22 minute and a 17 minute Snow Delay in the top of the 2nd. Followed by former Tribe skipper Mike Hargrove giving Cleveland a snowjob by whining that Jose Lopez couldn't see the ball when the game was ONE PITCH away from being official.

I went to high school with Hargrove's daughter, Missy, in The 'Ville (she was a year younger) but her Daddy definitely was a diva today. I'm not saying conditions were ideal but come on Mike, have a set and finish the game. That's all I'm saying. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be bitching about why the game was being played, but it was a 4 run game, not 1. If Lopez drives in a couple and now it's 4-2 I think I could sympathize a bit more. If you had an issue with the snow then do it at the beginning of the inning or the beginning of the at bat. The timing of it is way too sneaky. Add the fact that the Mariners were celebrating like they got away with something and remember what Shakespeare once said...

"Prick us, do we not bleed?
Tickle us, do we not laugh?
Wrong us, do we not revenge?"
-William Shakespeare

We'll see how the potential scheduling nightmare plays out.

No comments: