After two power packed wins Tuesday and Wednesday, Fausto Carmona notched his first career shutout as he out dueled Johan Santana to secure the sweep with a 2-0 victory today.
Not a lot of negatives for the series other than Fernando Cabrera's continuing downward spiral and Travis Hafner's continued recent funk.
The positives were, but not limited to:
- Grady Sizemore breaking out of his May haze and looking like the MVP candidate many were calling him. Including upping his stolen bases to 14 (in 14 attempts!).
- Casey Blake starting to produce, and in the 2 hole, none-the-less.
- Fausto Carmona upping his record to 5-0 despite his impending demotion back to Buffalo.
- C. C. Sabathia bouncing back to re-establish himself as a legit Cy Young candidate.
- Trot Nixon and Victor Martinez continuing to deliver in the clutch.
- Jason Michaels contributing nicely in his rare, platoon appearances in LF.
- Roberto Hernandez working out of a jam someone else created and looking good doing it.
But make that sweep #2 of the Twins this year. 5-0 Tribe. Ever since Ron Gardenhire took over for Tom Kelly I have disliked the Twins. He is so whiny and animated it's just old. Torii Hunter, despite being an amazing defensive center fielder, is an uppity SOB and they have a collection of hitters who just aren't real good, just kind lucky. Slap, dink and dunk guy that drive you nuts. If it weren't for Joe Mauer replacing A. J. Pierzynski it would be worse. Mauer, class act. Pierzynski, douche bag.
Battle of Ohio this weekend as the Cincinnati Reds are in town for 3.